Saturday, February 13, 2010

More Frustration

I went to the rheumatologist again on Friday. Huge frustration...
She said no to trying Physical Therapy. I wanted to try it to see if they could help me strengthen my muscles and joints as well as helping me learn what typical range of motion is so that I stop hurting myself so much.
She gave me another new medication to try. I don't have a lot of hope for it as every medication she has given me has caused more problems.
I guess it might be time to look for another doctor and get a fresh perspective. The thing that will be the worst about that is that I will have to go out of state.
Frustrated and not entirely sure what to do...

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are having such frustrations....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Stephanie, I'm sorry to hear that! Ugh. I hate that they just want to pump you with meds--it is so frustrating! I hope you can find a solution soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can find a new doctor that can help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry you are having so much trouble, pain and frustration. It must be horrible. I hope you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about that. It will stink to have to go out of state, but you have to have a certain level of confidence in your doctor. If you don't feel that she is helping, hopefully, you can find someone who will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your last statement: It might be time to get a second opinion. Even having to go out of state, it just might be worth the hassle. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just "meeting you" - first time here :) Plan to read more deeply, as two things caught my eye - food allergies and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. I have a few sites on food allergies, as my kids had terrible problems for so many years - I am well written when it comes to food allergies. And then read about Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome... have you been tested for lyme? I am sorry you are going through that :( It's tough living with something you can't control (I have gastroparesis)... love the blog, plan to read more!

    ReplyDelete