Saturday, May 22, 2010

It is OVER!!

I can not tell you how happy I am to be able to say that!!  EMT class is over!!  No more driving, and no more stressing about the tests.  I passed without problem and am now just waiting for my certification card to come in.  Oh well I guess I have a little more driving and stressing to do as I am going to take the National Registry testing.  Not sure when that will be though...

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!  I hope that your Saturday didn't involve snow like mine did!!

Friday, May 7, 2010

May Already?

I can not believe that 1/3 of 2010 has already come and gone... Where has the time gone??

EMT class finishes up at the end of the month.  It all seems to still be going OK so hopefully no problems with me getting my card.  I start my mandatory ER time next week.  I will be doing two 12 hour shifts.  I am really hoping that they go smoothly!

Still not feeling great.  Actually at this point I think I would settle for just not feeling downright crappy.  I have been running an unexplained low grade fever for over a week.  I finish my latest round of antibiotics this evening though so hopefully getting off of them helps improve how I feel.  Sad isn't it that everything that "cures" something also makes me more miserable in some other way.  Hopefully this latest round of antibiotics did indeed kick that respiratory junk out, but I am not holding my breath that it did.  The more I study up on Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome the more I realize just how many of my health problems are related.  Connective tissue is everywhere from holding together joints, to skin, to nerves, to all  of the organs especially lungs and digestive tract.  Realizing that because my connective tissue is defective makes my body defective doesn't make the pain any less but it does help me to understand that this isn't something that I can control which opens a whole new can of worms to deal with emotionally of course. 

I have an appointment to see the Rheumatologist on the 14th.  I am debating whether or not to cancel.  In a way I want to go and to just spill everything out to her, but in another way I don't want to go because she doesn't listen to me or really do anything that helps.  She shoots down every idea that I have found based on my research and just throws another medication at me that makes me worse.  I need for her to realize just how bad things are getting...

In other news we had snow again last evening... I don't think that Spring is coming to Wyoming... I am beginning to wonder if Summer is ever going to come either!