Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back to the Grindstone

Now that my EMT class is over for the most part.  (I still need to schedule and take the NREMT test sometime in the near future.)  It is time to get back to looking for freelance work and more permanent work if possible.  I started looking for freelance work again last week.  Wow, the amount of work available as a freelance writer sure has decreased in the last few months while I was out of the market.  The price per article seems to have really went down too.  I know that we are in an economic slump and all but sheesh people still deserve to be paid a somewhat reasonable fee for quality work!  I have already gotten a few jobs though and have bids out on many many more... So, I am hoping for the best.  It would be wonderful if I could find enough work to be able to just stay home and do it at my own pace.  I really think that would be the best possible situation due to my health issues and so that I can still do my EMT work.

4 comments:

  1. I think it has gone down because there are so many people out there trying to freelance and there are a lot of people who will take any amount just to get the job. It hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like everyone is freelancing these days. I don't freelance, but I'm sure weary of this economy in the clinker for so long. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear things are sluggish for you. But now that you're done with the class, why aren't you trying to get a job in that field?

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the writing assignments. I hope you are able to get enough assignments to continue with that. The good thing is that if you stick with it, your business will grow.

    ReplyDelete