Saturday, March 13, 2010

Stumbling Along

This respiratory infection was taking me down in a bad way.  I was feeling horrible and had a wonderful (not) "barking" cough that wasn't allowing me to breathe fully or sleep.  I went to the clinic again so they changed my antibiotic and gave me not one but two prescription cough medications.  One of them is this super concentrated liquid narcotic cough syrup - Let me tell you that stuff will knock you for a loop!  I take it and then stay in bed as much as possible because it makes me stumble around more than usual.  However, it really does help with the "barking" cough.  The other cough medication is non-narcotic and looks like tiny yellow BB's - Not completely sure what is in it because it makes me a little loopy too.  Actually I have learned that if you just take one or the other of the cough medications that they don't work as well as if taken together which means I get a double loop whammy done on me just to get the coughing quieted.

All of this couldn't have happened at a worse time.  I have my second test for my EMT class on Wednesday.  I have been trying to read and go over things in preparation, but I can't remember what I read or typed for that matter 2 seconds ago.  (Writing this blog post has been interesting too to say the least.  So, apologies in advance for it not making a whole lot of sense and grammatical errors.)  So, I am trying to take it easy this weekend and take all of my medications and rest.  Hopefully this works and come Monday I feel a lot better and can lay off the cough medications and begin to study in earnest.

8 comments:

  1. Yikes!! You have yourself one nasty bug!! Hope you are on the mend!

    Yes, we farm in WY and live 450 miles away in SD. Makes our summers very interesting. Most of the family works in WY(summers)while I work in SD.

    Maybe someday we can meet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you are still not feeling well. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a bad one. I hope the medications work. Good luck on the test. You could try to explain your problem to the person giving the test. If they think you're just whining, you won't be any worse off - will you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry you are so sick and I do hope you start feeling better in time for your test. It must be just awful to have such a bad cough and infection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, that sounds awful!! I hope you are better to take your test successfully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon. I can't imagine how you could study. I have the same cough syrup and find myself drifting on a fuzzy cloud when I take it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better soon, and good luck with the upcoming test.

    It takes time to get over bronchitis. Hubby and I both had it awhile back.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are feeling better. There are some nasty bugs going around.

    ReplyDelete