Sunday, December 5, 2010

Flu, Crud or Something

Whatever it is it has struck our family... Miserable stuff with fever, chills, headache, body aches, and extreme gastrointestinal issues (to put it nicely). I have been fighting it for about a week or so now.  My husband succumbed to it today.  My FIL started with symptoms on Friday while driving to California with my SIL and her two kids.  FIL ended up in the hospital due to complications on Saturday and was kept overnight!  The SIL and two kids have been fighting it since Friday as well.  I can't begin to imagine how miserable that trip was for them all :(

We have heard that this can last for 3 weeks.  I really hope that isn't true!  I can't imagine flying feeling like this :(

9 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you are all feeling better soon! There is a flu going around here that is rough, but short-lived. I'm hoping to avoid it. Take care of yourselves and get well soon, pally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better! Hopefully you'll fight it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THREE WEEKS??? Geesh! I so hope you are all over it before that time period.
    We keep PB-8 Probiotics on hand ALWAYS. Its really good on intestinal stuff but also it helps boost the immune system. I buy it at a health food store in the refrigerated section.
    My new lil grandson has a wee bit of acid reflux and this has helped great. No medication and no side affects for him. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope you are feeling better by now! Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you all feel better soon. (Take vitamin D to boost your immune systems, if you aren't already doing so...)

    I rescued a lost Husky a few days ago, and was able to get her back with her humans. She was a very sweet dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still coughing a bit, though was sick over Thanksgiving, it does take quite a while to shake whatever it is. Please take care of yourself and Happy New Year. Hope the new year brings good things for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you're not blogging? What's up?
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me again, I keep checking in on you; even when I've not left another comment. But...this has gone on too long. No visits from you, no new blog post from you. Are you ok?

    ReplyDelete
  9. One more try. I've stopped in more times then I can count, but no blog posts from you. I drop pretty regularly too. It really appears you're not here at all anymore. Been 4 months. If you ever get back into it, I do hope you'll look me up, so we can re-connect.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete