Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

So is it OK to admit that I watch the Super Bowl mainly for the commercials? I mean do I lose my Super Bowl privileges by admitting to this fact? I don't think I am alone in this fact by any means. Even my football loving husband doesn't want to miss the Super Bowl commercials.

I also almost without fail like to cheer for the underdog. I like to see the BIG upset!

And please someone please tell me what was up with the entertainment portion of this Super Bowl? The opening singer is someone that I typically like but what was up with Queen Latifah's version of America the Beautiful. Wasn't the original beautiful song good enough for her? And lets not even get me started on the halftime show starring The Who. Wow what a let down... Although I did think that Carrie Underwood did an OK job of singing the national anthem. Lately though for at least the last maybe half dozen years the entertainment portion has been seriously lacking from the Super Bowl in my opinion. Then again I guess it isn't supposed to be about the entertainment... Maybe it is all about the commercials? Or is it supposed to be all about the football?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like I didn't miss anything by not watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We watched the Puppy Bowl and tried to catch the commercials on the Super Bowl. I saw the beginning of the half time show and thougth that The Who looked pretty silly singing "Teenage Wasteland". I was a teenager when that song came out and they butchered it. I use to love that song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did watch, but only because we were in a hotel room and I had no option. I don't normally watch, and I thought most of the commercials were dumb, some a bit violent and I don't understand what all the hype about the commercials before and after is about. I hate commercials. That's the time to go to the bathroom, or do something else normally. I did manage to knit a bit while hubby watched.

    Enough snow already
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Jen--we watched the Puppy Bowl! I don't like the Super Bowl--even for the ads. But I think a lot of people watch it for the ads and the entertainment and not just the game. I also think it is a good excuse to party at a really gloomy time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first year I watched it for more than the commercials (I was rooting for the Saints). But yah, in other years? Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't watch at all. I watched some of the commercials and then got distracted by other things.I do enjoy the commercials much more than the football. I have always thought that football is kind of silly. There is very little playing with a lot of standing around.

    ReplyDelete