Saturday, September 26, 2009

Still Waiting...

I faithfully took the antibiotics prescribed to me for a full week, and when things just kept getting worse and worse I broke down and called. Lucky me got to start another antibiotic on Friday and if I am not markedly better by Sunday I get to go visit Urgent Care where our PA is working this weekend. If I have to go to Urgent Care then I get to experience a lovely shot of an even stronger antibiotic. The fun just never ends I guess. I really don't care what we have to do at this point all I know is that this excruciating pain in my kidneys and lower back has got to end.

Hunting season has opened here in our tiny town and our population has approximately doubled with the influx of hunters. All that really means for me is that work is insane and I am putting in 10 to 12 hour days. I really don't know how much more of it I can take with everything that is going on health wise right now though.

On to college football... My Auburn Tigers are still undefeated! I really hope that they beat Ball State today and continue the winning streak. They still haven't broken the top 25 but they are gaining votes in the poll.

7 comments:

  1. Let us know what happens. I sure hope today finds you feeling better and you don't have to go to Urgent Care.

    Bird season opened here and bow season too but rifle season is still some time away so not so many people yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance you might have kidney stones on top of the UTI? It could be why the antibiotic isn't phasing the pain. I get them all the time unfortunately. I also get UTI's if I do something as simple as using scented washing powder or use something other than Dove or Cetaphil soap so I know they hurt like crazy. Remember that colored toilet paper they used to sell back in the 70's and 80's? I used to get them from those as well. Crazy, I know.

    Hope you feel better soon. Try a heat pad if you have one. It won't get rid of the pain, but it helps a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope by now (Sunday) you have some relief from the pain. Hopefully they discover what is going on soon and get you on the path to being pain free very soon! Ugh at the long work hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers to the overpaid and under educated doctors of the world..don't ya love it when they keep piling on the meds, all the while your pain just keeps intensifying? Hoping you get some relief soon..it's no fun working like a fiend with that kind of pain..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You haven't posted in awhile so I hope those new antibiotics are finally working for you and you didn't have to go with antibiotic number 3. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you feeling better? I sure hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long has it been since you've seen your doctor? Maybe he will have a new take on things. My sympathies for all the tests and all the shots.

    ReplyDelete