Saturday, May 23, 2009

100 SPF Sunblock

Today I am going to share a story with you from our recent vacation to Florida. I hope that you find it as funny as I did! Sorry no photos to go with it as I didn't even think to try and snap some!

DH went fishing with a family friend one day of our vacation. He had a wonderful time and got to experience a lot of new for him experiences. He helped cast net for the live bait they would use. He went flats fishing for the first time. He caught a keeper sea trout, and saw our friend catch many sea trout and a redfish. He had just a great day out on the water!

OK, now for the funny part... I told him that he needed to wear sunblock and that he should put it on before he left and then again after about 4 hours. He decided to use the 100 SPF that we had gotten for me to use since I am very fair skinned and need to protect it due to the EDS. Anyhow DH put the sunblock on himself and didn't ask anyone for help. Now in case you didn't know 100 SPF sunblock has the texture of toothpaste almost. I mean this stuff is THICK! Well needless to say you could see all kinds of alternating white and sunburn streaks on DH - from his legs looking tiger striped to his face. At least it wasn't a horrible sunburn and just a mild one that turned to tan on him quickly, but none the less very funny to see!

Suzy update: I had to take her back to the vet on Friday for blood work and x-rays. The vet was out of the office on a ranch call but the vet techs were there and could do these tests for him to review. The vet techs were able to draw blood but were unable to muzzle her to do the x-rays. When we went back to help muzzle her she was very worn out looking and very stressed. She did let us muzzle her and then the vet techs picked her up and put her on the x=ray table. It was very stressful to say the least for the little girl and she suffered an eye injury that should self heal in about a week. Thankfully the eye doesn't seem to bother her. The vet called and said that the blood work and x-ray looked OK. Suzy seems to be doing a little better today and I hope that she has made the turn so that the worst is behind us.

3 comments:

  1. Heh heh on the sunburn. My hubby needs the thick stuff too. He has had several basal cell cancers removed.
    So sorry about the sick puppy. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Suzy appears to be doing better. As for the sunburn... men. Maybe this will teach him to ask for help LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know they made a 100 SPF sunscreen. When I was younger, all my sunburns would turn into tans. Now if I sunburn, it just peels.

    I'm sorry about your Suzy and her experience at the Vets. I hope she continues to do better.

    ReplyDelete