Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Home Again & Back to the Grind

We got home very late Sunday evening from our vacation. We had a great time and I have a lot of stories to share over the next week or so.

However, today I am going to just touch on how this week has been so far...

I think that the medication that the Rheumatologist prescribed to help me get better sleep is helping some. I still have the horrible burning muscle pain but I am having less "brain fog" issues which is a step in the right direction. I ended up working a partial shift on Monday and a full shift on Tuesday up at the cafe as a waitress. It was very hard and I definitely can not do what I used to be able to, but I was able to get through it. Towards the end of the full shift I started having "brain fog" issues pretty severely.

Also, our female husky was a little off when we got home Sunday night and jus kept getting worse so we ended up making an emergency vet run when DH and I got home on Tuesday. She should be OK but she is in a lot of pain and in a horrible mood because of it. She has to eat special prescription dog food for a few days and take antibiotics for a week. The vet said that it is colitis which is basically an infection in her digestive tract. So needless to say that whole situation is adding to my stress levels which doesn't help with the pain and other stuff at all.

Today I am trying to rest some from all the exertion of the last few days and get some work done on my frelance projects since I am way behind from vacation! I am having a hard time focusing today for some reason so the writing isn't going so well for my articles :(

To end I will share one thing from our vacation... My parents generously bought me a new laptop! It is my first ever laptop and it is WONDERFUL!! It actually is quite a lot better than my old computer which to be honest is on it's last legs so to speak. In case you are wondering which laptop I got you can go here to see.

Happy hump day everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the laptop! I bought a Dell refurbished one in December and I love it. I spend way too much time on it. LOL

    Welcome home! I hope Suzy is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sorry your vacation ended on a bum note with Suzy. We have a cat with colitis. It can be expensive with the meds and prescription food but that's the only drawback we've encountered. A new laptop? I am so jealous... we're looking into buying one soon. Now if we could just ditch dialup...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh...pretty! Hope you and Suzy are both feeling better soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!

    I'm glad to hear that your meds are helping you sleep somewhat better.

    I'm sorry to hear your dog is sick. I hope she gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home! Your new laptop looks very sharp. I ended up with Toshiba Satelitte (after my 6-month old HP crashed) and so far love it, too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are back. Hope Suzy is better soon, and yay for a new laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! How exciting to have your new laptop...I think thats next on my wish list.

    Got fingers crossed you continue to make headway with the change in meds. Sometimes changes take awhile to kick in.

    Likewise hope the pouch gets better soon, causing you less stress.

    I'll be anxious to hear more about your vacation. For now, getting ready to head out of town myself. But I do have some new pictures so you can take a virtual vacation. No packing or laundry necessary! lol

    Take Care
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dahhhhhhhh forgot to say thanks for the link for making a 3 column blog. Gonna try to work on that on my return, might sing out for your brain when the time comes. Then I'll have room and can get my bloglog in place.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new laptop! It will change your life. I hope your puppy is feeling better soon and I hope your medicine continues to make improvements.

    ReplyDelete