Friday, April 17, 2009

About Me

Hi! In case we haven't met before I want to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Stephanie and I am a 34 year old female with a husband and 2 huskies furbabies. My husband and I have been married for over 5 1/2 years now!

I live in a small town in Southeastern Wyoming called Medicine Bow. The population is under 300 and the closest town with grocery stores and shopping is 60 miles away. I was born and raised in Florida just about 45 minutes outside of Tampa. So moving here was culture shock on many levels!

I know that this may come as a shock to some of you, but I am an educated women with a B.S. in Biology from The University of Tampa and a M.Ed. in Exercise Physiology from Auburn University. I sometimes work at The Historic Virginian Hotel, Cafe & Shiloh Bar here in Medicine Bow. I also do freelance work part time currently but I am trying to build that aspect of my employment up.


I have PCOS, IBS, GERD, PMDD, Sacroiliitis, asthma, a ton of allergies and food intolerances. One of my biggest food issues is my problem with dairy in any quantity at all. I also am working on getting a firm diagnosis on what appears to be Fibromyalgia. I am admittedly overweight, but I am working on that at
www.SparkPeople.com where my username is SLColman as well. I also use my Wii and Wii Fit to help get in some fun exercise when I can.

I love food and cooking. I enjoy scrapbooking, gardening, and other crafty type things.

My husband is a Southern Baptist Minister, so faith plays an important role in our lives. However having said that, we still are real people with real issues living out in the real world. My husband is also the mayor of our small town - Talk about a man with many different hats!

If you want more info on me just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment