Thursday, April 23, 2009

Refrigerator Recall

Today I will be sitting here at home waiting for the Maytag repair man *giggle* I thought he was the one who never had any work because their products were so great?

The reason that I am waiting for the Maytag repair man is because our refrigerator is involved in a huge recall!! If you own a Maytag, Jenn-Air, Amana, Admiral, Magic Chef, Performa by Maytag, or Crosley brand sided-by-side or top freezer refrigerator you could be involved in this recall too and should call this number 1-866-533-9817 to find out if you are involved in the recall. Be sure to have the model number and serial number ready when you call. This recall is due to a defective part that is a fire hazard!

Yup, you read that right a fire hazard!! According to the information that I recieved there have been more than 40 reports of the faulty part igniting and at least 16 of those cases have had property damage ranging from smoke damage to extensive kitchen damage. Scary stuff!!

Please if you have any of the mentioned brands of refrigerators please call and find out if you are involved in the recall!!

2 comments:

  1. When I was 3 or 4, our house burned down because of the refrigerator. We were on vacation when it happened visiting relatives in another state. I can still remember the smell of the remains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! I have an Amana so I am going to give them a call.

    By the way, I love your new look!

    ReplyDelete